Thoroughgood Elementary, Creeds Elementary, Lindenwood Elementary, and Truitt Intermediate Chesapeake were among the four schools to received aid and assistance to ensure the buildings were ready for the 2018 school year. The makeover included landscaping, construction, painting, installing chalkboards, power washing, cleaning, and assistance in setting up the classrooms.
“The makeover was complete just in time for the new school year. Over five hundred people came out to make a huge impact on the lives of our youth and the community. It was a really fun day where the community comes together to get their hands dirty and beautify four of our local schools,” said Lydia Wigglesworth-Ballard of Wave City Care.
This year’s makeover marked the 13th year of the event for Wave City Care. Wave City Care is a non-profit that serves the community through educational services, mentorship opportunities, and local community volunteer work. For a breakdown of this year’s School Makeover event, the details have been provided below.
Thoroughgood Elementary – Virginia Beach
- Landscaping; filled 90 pots with potting soil and plants
- Painted 45 classroom doors & accent walls in 40 portables
- Installed chalkboards in 25 portables
- Assist teachers with classroom setup
Creeds Elementary – Virginia Beach
- Cleaned tile walls and door knobs
- Landscape, mulching grounds
- Power washing
Lindenwood Elementary – Norfolk
- Landscaped; cleaned flower beds and mulched front of a building
- Lay timbers and rubber mulch for playground
- Painted cabinets, marquee, and blackboard poles
- Designed and painted a mural
- Construction; assembled picnic tables
Truitt Intermediate Chesapeake
- Landscaped gardens in front of the building
- Painted mural & walls in teachers’ lounge
- Construction; built of storage sheds
- Power Wash
- Decorated bulletin boards & teachers’ lounge
CoesterVMS – Appraisal Management: http://www.
The post CoesterVMS & Wave City Care School Makeovers 2018 appeared first on Nationwide Appraisal Management Company | CoesterVMS-Blog.