Sandra has been an appraiser for the past 15 years, and primarily services the Boston metropolitan area. She decided to enter this field of work when she made a career change after gaining custody of her 2 grandsons. Over the years Sandra has worked through fluctuations in her market, and has seen the changes that have come as a result. Recently, the shortage of inventory in the Boston market has led to an increase in sale prices as bidding wars have driven prices up over the appraised value. In her spare time Sandra enjoys painting and writing, but has remained busy with work in her market. According to Sandra, the key to success as an appraiser is patience. The educational requirements of becoming an appraiser and trainee experience needed is a long process, and patience is essential.
Boston, Massachusetts Market
Sales prices reached new heights in January 2017 for the Boston metropolitan area as demand continues to outweigh supply. The average price for a single-family home increased 7% statewide to $342,500 compared to January of last year, as inventory remained low (The Warren Group). According to The Wall Street Journal, the median sales price for the Boston Market rose from $685,000 in 2015 to $791,000, while rent in the neighborhoods surrounding Fenway Park increased 2.5%. Though inventory is being added to the market, there is a shortage of affordable housing for middle and low income buyers. According to Boston Agent Magazine 80% of the new construction being added to the market is housing, but primarily in the form of luxury apartments and condos. This paired with bidding wars has driven prices up and out of reach for many low-income buyers.
Customer Testimonials/Borrower Feedback:
“Fast and easy to schedule, and get report back.”
|Survey Category||Ratings 1 – 10|
ROCKVILLE, Md., Sept. 20, 2016 – CoesterVMS, a national appraisal management company, partnerned with Wave City Care, a community-based nonprofit, to complete an Extreme School Makeover at four schools in the state of Virginia.
CoesterVMS provided cleaning materials and 40 volunteers to spent a day completing multiple landscape, cleaning and painting projects.
“Children are our greatest gifts, and we are proud to be a part of an effort to ensure they have a safe, clean and beautiful place where they can learn. This helps children develop pride in their school and community,” said Brian Coester, CEO of CoesterVMS. “We want to continue to show our commitment and build lasting relationships in the communities where we have representation.”
The four schools were Independence Middle School, Holland Elemantary School, Norview Elementary School and Great Bridge Intermediate School.
“It was so great to partner with CoesterVMS this year for our 11th Annual School Makeover,” said Sue Fitzgerald, vice president of Wave City Care. “Thanks to their generous support, we were able to assist more schools than ever before with landscaping, painting, cleaning and setting up classrooms so that thousands of children could have the very best start to their school year.”
CoesterVMS is a nationwide appraisal management company that specializes in providing comprehensive management of appraisal operations for mortgage lenders. CoesterVMS’ in-house appraisal management solution combines the best service with the most advanced technology on the market. CoesterVMS guarantees all appraisal reports to fully comply with all regulations and guidelines. The company’s Cloud Control appraisal management technology is the only software of its kind to be built on the award-winning Salesforce.com platform, and its “Coester-Mer” service is earning the company a reputation for the best customer service in the industry. Headquartered in Rockville, Maryland, CoesterVMS was founded as a local appraisal company and has since grown to a formidable nationwide force in the appraisal management segment. For more information please visit CoesterVMS online at www.CoesterVMS.com.
They say February is the month of love, If so, then for me January is the month of hope. Hope is the first step on the road to change. There’s something metaphysical about all that; there’s a message in the fold of January that says “no matter how bad I may have been, that was “then” and this is “now? A new day has dawned , a new moment has arrived”. It is the golden moment of now, wherein which all things are possible. All things are forgiven, all things made new.
The method that I use for the new year is to plan with audacity and execute with vigor. The holiday break I spend in reflection and think about the year, think about what I did right and wrong and then ultimately what I want to become over the next year.
My New Years Process:
1. I review my previous year day by day, then I ask myself the following questions.
- Who did I spend my time with? – Show’s me my priorities
- What events shaped me? – Show’s me my experiences
- What people changed me? – Show’s me my inner circle and friends.
- What do I want to experience again? – Shows me what things were so valuable they were worth repeating.
- What do I want to avoid? – Shows me the lessons learned and gives me a chance to delegate certain things or burn certain bridges
- What do I want on my calendar for the next year? – This is a great questions that allows me to write out where I want to go.
- What did I do wrong? – Lessons to learn.
- What did I do right? – Wisdom executed.
2. I then look at the calendar and go through the new year month by month and “Schedule in” time that I intentionally put for vacations, family time, reflection, travel, and meetings etc. I intentionally “fill in” and create my year, by month, day by day until I’ve painted a masterpiece. I plan with audacity and then execute with vigor. I build in and plan my own excitement and create my year, which really becomes my life.
Author Jim Rohn said “Don’t start the year until its finished, don’t start the month until it’s finished, don’t start the week until its finished and certainty don’t start the day until it’s finished”. I finish all of those well before they start and then just execute my plan.
3. I write out a 90 day game plan – For those who work with me, everything in my life is a 90 day game plan. The 90 day game plan is a chance for me to “create” the outcome I’m looking for. Typically no more then 10 thing that need to get done in the process of creating my life. I always have one that I’m working on. It may be to meet a particular person, cut out a particular food etc. It’s both professional and personal and I keep to a short list to be able to do manage it properly. Something like “Have the kids ready at 7 am everyday” or “Contact 10 new prospects a day”, “finish technology XYZ” could be on the list. I look at the list every few days and work towards those and check them off as I accomplish them or change them as sometimes it becomes irrelevant. This has helped me so much after trying and failing almost everything else.
4. Reflection and New Direction – I literally take a note pad and ask myself the following questions in great detail.
- What is required of me?
- What do I want to do?
- What do I want to see?
- Who do I want to be?
- What Habits do I need to form to accomplish my goals?
- What habits do I need to stop to accomplish my goals/
- What relationships do I want to end?
- What relationships do I want to create?
- Who will I need to become to accomplish my goals?
- Who will I need on my team to accomplish my goals?
- What is within me thats holding me back?
- What is outside of me thats holding me back?
- What would my ideal day look like?
- What do I need to give up to go up?
- What do I need to add to my daily agenda?
- What are the 5 things that I need to do that no one else can do within my company and cannot be delegated?
- Who do I need to bring into my life personally?
- Who do I need to bring into my life professionally?
When I put all this together I get a clear idea of what last year looked like and if I want to continue that direction or start a new one. Every new year to me is more then the cliche “new years resolution” its a chance for a new beginnings and new directions. Your life never has to be the same again, your 2014 can look totally different then your 2014, only by choice do you ever have to walk the same path again. You can’t end up in a whole new place overnight but you can immediately start a whole new direction and that directions starts with a thought or idea that you’ve wanted to express into the world. 2014 is going to be a great year filled with great and amazing experiences and its yours for the taking if you’ve got the guts to go get it.
Thank you –