This Episode of Coest2Coest we had Chief Compliance Officer and Former State Regulator Toni Bright. Toni was fortunate enough to share some tips on how to handle the appraisal rebuttal process in the most efficient manner. Her Tips are below and a link to the episode.
Toni Bright’s Tips for Value Rebuttals:
- Remember an appraisal in an opinion of value.
- There is a difference in what someone is willing to pay vs. what something is worth.
- Look at the rebuttal strictly with facts and from a professional standpoint.
- Focus on Data.
- Demonstrate due diligence as an agent, and set realistic expectations with your borrower.
- Keep in min only one reconsideration of value is allowed per file.
Please click here for the full episode and conversation: https://youtu.be/_J-AJBQVEos
We go into a lot of different aspects of the rebuttal process during this episode and touch things from a lot of different angles.